Mission and Objectives
- Performing basic and translational research and education at the interface of biology and engineering, we build interdisciplinary partnerships to identify important problems and develop and translate bioengineering solutions.
- We solve pressing global health care problems, address challenges in basic research and train the next generation of leaders in the bioengineering field.
- Provide solid fundamental knowledge in life sciences and engineering.
- Encourage creativity, self-learning and innovation (design of devices, components or processes that meet desired needs in Biology or Medicine).
- Develop awareness of the wealth of possibilities available to Bioengineering graduates.
- Prepare students for careers in post-graduate schools, Bioengineering practice in industry and even opportunities unforeseen.
- Produce graduates for leadership roles in a rapidly-changing environment.
- Foster an appreciation of how economic, ethical, political and social factors affect the practice of Medicine and Bioengineering.
- Produce individuals who can work well either independently or in a team.